Monday, October 5, 2009

Oh, Mexico...

One week from Thursday I will head to Valley de Guadalupe, Mexico for a mission trip to Rancho Sordo Mudo, a home and school for deaf children. I cannot put into words the anticipation I have for this trip. In fact, I was talking with a friend today and shared that while I'm incredibly excited, it is with hesitant anticipation I approach the trip and all it may entail.
I can handle sleeping on an air mattress, being without water for showers, language barriers and the uncertainty of what each day may hold, but what I'm cautiously anxious about is how God may use this trip to work in and change me.
Every mission trip I've been a part of begins with a team of people excited to share the Word of God, but results in a team forever changed themselves...myself included. With all I'm experiencing on a personal level of growth--mentally, emotionally, and spiritually--I can only imagine how God may use this time to teach me, comfort me, and use me...
When we give full control...truly surrendering all that we are and all that we have to Christ, amazing things can happen...but in my own planner mindset, it is in the giving over of control that I take a leap of faith and trust...and must relinquish my own inhibitions to be fully open to what God has in store...